Dr Sandy Brownlee
I've been fortunate to receive funding towards my research...
- 5x SFC Innovation Voucher to work with a local company; £5k
- Innovate UK (The Sustainable Innovation Fund) (principal investigator) - AirOpt - optimisation of airspace to save 2MT CO2 a year; working with Airspace Unlimited Scotland; £259k, with £75k at Stirling; October 2020-June 2021
- BT + Data Lab PhD studentship (PI/supervisor) - Explaining Non-Deterministic Solvers; £54k; October 2020 - September 2023
- Carnegie Research Incentive Grant (principal investigator) - Towards Grammar-Aware operators for automatic improvement of software (TOGA); £9908, March-December 2019
- Lead, University of Stirling Dragon's Den / Research Programme Being Together £220k (consisting: £20k equipment fund, PhD match funding, research trips, PI time buy out, etc
- Royal Society of Edinburgh / Scottish Crucible (principal investigator) - Crowd-sourcing the aural identities of places by evolutionary optimisation - joint with Aberdeen and Edinburgh Universities - total value £4308, Jan-Dec 2017
- EPSRC standard grant (researcher-co-investigator) - "TRANSIT: Towards a Robust Airport Decision Support System for Intelligent Taxiing" - joint with Lincoln, Sheffield and Cranfield Universities - total value £1.06M (including in-kind contributions from partners), of which £255k is at Stirling, 2016-2019.
- nVidia hardware grant - "GPU-accelerated feature-based optimisation" - value £1000, Dec 2015
- SICSA funding to host workshop on modelling & optimisation of transportation - £810, Jan 2015
- Microsoft Azure Research Pass - 1 year access to cloud resources - value 40k USD, 2014-2015
- Grants totalling £2810 from BCS, IEEE, ACM and SIET for travel to conferences in 2008
- Carnegie Vacation Scholarship - 8 weeks funded research project, summer 2004, approx. £1000