Arranging to have your email forwarded automatically
These instructions are specifically intended to apply to email
arriving (from internal and external sources) for student email accounts at Stirling
managed through the student Web mail facility.
Following these instructions, you can configure your email to be received
in your student account and forwarded to a remote account, or just
forwarded to a remote account (probably less useful).
- Log on to a PC, and launch a browser.
- Access your student email account via the Portal (or directly at
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on the Options link, then on the Mail Forwarding link.
- In the text area type the external account address (or addresses)
that you would like
your email forwarded to. One per line if there is more than one.
- If you would like your email to be delivered locally (that is, to your
student account) as well as
forwarded to a remote account, make sure that the check box below the text
area is checked.
- When you are finished, click on the Submit button.
- You can come back and change the details at any time - and please
remember to do so if you change your external email address, otherwise
anyone sending you email will get errors sent back to them.
© University of Stirling 2017
Last updated: Thursday, 01-Sep-2011 16:38:54 BST
The University of Stirling is a charity
registered in Scotland, number SCO11159