Most of my work concerns data. Collecting it, analysing it, forecasting it and selling it. The links below provide more detail.
Here is my University of Stirling staff page.
- Linux Data Acquisition Devices - USB plug and play high speed data acquisition and control under Linux. We've sold over 250 of these now, with customers all over the world.
- My Book - Applying Neural Networks. Its a little old now (1996), but it provides a useful introduction to the use of neural networks in commercial settings.
- Statistics Understanding Made Simple - A collaboration with Glasgow University, SUMS is an online resource that generates interactive statistics tutorials based around data provided by the tutor.
- Lectures - These are the courses that I lecture on at Stirling University
- Data Mining Software - I am working with Think Analytics, helping them to add time series forecasting techniques to their Enterprise Data Miner software.
- Data Analytics for Marketing - I run a marketing analytics consultancy using state of the art technology to improve the targeting of direct marketing. A lot of my work is for the Edinburgh based company, Data Discoveries
- My Band - Sadly now disbanded, but I've left some pictures and our original songs up for old times sake.
- Travel - I've organised some of my travel photography (sounds so much better than holiday snaps, eh?) on a clickable map. You need a quite fast connection for it to work properly though.
- Wind surfing - Some mates and I windsurf at Loch Venachar for as much of the year as we can. In the summer, we try to get up to Tiree, which is a cross between the Caribbean and the Arctic.
- The Magic Mirror is more play than work. It has been shown at the Perth Concert Hall and is now on display at the Camera Obscura in Edinburgh. Freaky!
- Here is a little card trick to try. Does the computer read your mind? The idea is not mine, but I built it as a demo of using Flash for a multi-media course I teach.