Dr József Z. Farkas
Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
List of publications
Seminar talks (since 2006)
Conference presentations (since 2006)
Some running pictures
Journal of Biological Dynamics
International Journal of Biomathematics and Systems Biology
- Qualitative analysis of linear and nonlinear partial differential equation models of
physiologically structured population dynamics.
Applications of operator theory in the life sciences, in particular semigroups of linear operators,
spectral theory of positive operators.
Mathematical modelling of host-parasite dynamics in aquaculture, in particular see lice dynamics on farmed and wild
Sex-ratio distortions in structured insect populations, in particular the mathematical modelling of
Wolbachia infection induced mechanisms.
- Mathematical epidemiology, in particular disease transmission on temporal networks.
Teaching at Stirling:
- MAT9LA Complex Analysis (Module owner)
- MAT9LB Modelling with Differential Equations (Module owner)
- MAT9LC Real Analysis (Module owner)
- MAT9MA Special Topics
- MAT9K4 Linear Algebra
- MAT913 Mathematics and its Applications III
- MAT912 Mathematics and its Applications II
- MAT9J8 Short Projects
- MAT9K8 Long Projects
Talks organised at Stirling:
Meetings to be attended in the near future: