MSc in Computing for Financial Markets
You may apply:
- on-line using our secure application form
- or by printing out the downloadable application form (approx 1MB, Adobe Acrobat reader required),
Informal EnquiriesPlease contact the Programme Director, Dr Mario Kolberg, with any informal enquieries about specific questions regarding this programme.
- For UK/EU students the current tuition fees for this programme are £400.
- For overseas students, the fees are currently £12,500.
Scholarships and Financial Support
- University of Stirling Merit Scholarship The University of Stirling is offering any UK or European Union student with a First Class Honours degree a £2,000 Scholarship. More information is available here.
- SAAS: Scottish-domiciled and European Union students who have accepted a postgraduate place on this
programme can apply directly to the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) for a loan to cover up to £3,400
towards their tuition fees.
Further information is available here.
All applicants should check their eligibility carefully with SAAS regulations; enquiries should be made directly to SAAS: phone: 0845 111 1711; WWW: SAAS Postgraduate Funding Website
- University of Stirling Fee Waiver To help support students in receipt of a SAAS loan, the University of Stirling is offering 150 taught postgraduate places for Scottish or European Union Students at a reduced fee of £3,400 for the first year of full-time study. More information is available here.
- Saltire Scholarship:This scheme is run by Talent Scotland and is a competitve scheme based on merit. They are available to students from China, India, Canada and the USA. Application forms for this can be found at here. If successful, this scheme will provide £2,000 towards your fees. The closing date for 2013/14 awards 31 May 2013.
- Stirling alumni are entitled to a 10% fee reduction.
English Language requirements for international applicants
- TOEFL: Listening 21, Reading 22, Speaking 23, Writing 21.
- or IELTS 6.0 with at least 5.5 in each band
Entry to the MSc is at the start of the Autumn Semester in mid-September. There are no closing dates for applications to the programme, but applicants should note it is not usually possible to complete the application formalities in under two weeks, and so applications received after the start of September each year will usually be considered for entry the following year. International applicants are advised that visa formalities can take a number of months and hence a timely application is important.