Further information on practicals will appear here as the course progresses.
At each practical session you attend, please register your attendance by opening your "GROUPS (\\Wide) V:" folder, then the ITNP43 folder inside this, and double-clicking on the "Register" icon.
The following practical sheets will be given out at the scheduled practical classes. Once a practical sheet is available here, please feel free to try it before hand if you would like to familiarise yourself with the content before the practical.
- HTML 1 - A simple web page
- HTML 2 - Links, Lists and Tables
- HTML 3 - Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- HTML 4 - More CSS, & Forms
Basic Skills (Self Study)
Before attending the first scheduled practical, please work through the following practicals in order to familiarise yourself with the available computing equipment and relevant computer applications. These sheets come from a different course (PDM9L6). You will need to enter your user name and password to access them if off-campus. You can ignore the checkpoints!
- Introduction to Windows
- Please note that this year the University's email system has changed to Microsoft Office 365 Web App, so the instructions for Squirrel Mail are no longer relevant. If you have any problems with the new email system then please let us know.
- Text & Graphics One
- Text & Graphics Two
- Text & Graphics Three
- Powerpoint One
- Powerpoint Two
- Spreadsheets One
- Spreadsheets Two
- Web Documents using Word
For course material in an alternative format, please ask the Co-ordinator.