Welcome to CSC9Q5: Database Principles and Applications.
This is an undergraduate course which introduces the principles of relational database systems. If you have any questions regarding the running of the module, please direct them to the module coordinator, Prof. Amir Hussain, via email: email@example.com (Room 4X3, Ext. 7437).
If you do not already have a Divisional/CS computer account, please visit Sam or Graham in 4B81 to get one. You will need this to log in to the database for this course.
Information and announcements relating to this module will appear here. Please bookmark this page
and check here regularly for new developments.
- The CSCU9Q5 Timetable (Schedule) information showing on the module website (http://quarter.cs.stir.ac.uk/courses/CSCU9Q5/schedule.php ) overrides the central University website (portal/canvas) Timetables, where there is any difference. Please kindly check the on-line schedule at the start of each week for case of any unforeseen changes (in lecture/tutorial/practical times)
- The first practical class (depending on the practical group you are assigned to) will be on Monday, 2 October (4pm-6pm), OR, Tuesday, 3 October (10am-12pm), in room 4X5. Please note you will attend ONE of two practical sessions scheduled in any week, depending on your practical group. You should now be able to sign-up for one of your practical groups via Canvas (please let me know if you encounter any problems)
- The first tutorial class will be during week starting 9th October. You will be assigned to one of 3 tutorial groups, and required to attend only your designated (one-hour) Tutorial session scheduled in any week (You should now be able to sign-up for one of the tutorial groups via Canvas)
- The Assignment will be handed out in the week before the mid-semester break (return date is: Monday, 1st Dec)
- Your class rep is Dimitrios Faitas (E-maill: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Amir Hussain (email@example.com)
Mandar Gogate (firstname.lastname@example.org)